As we age, it's crucial to maintain flexibility, mobility and good posture. To aid in this, I've developed a simple, effective video exercise routine focusing on chest and shoulder stretches. Ideal for anyone looking to improve daily mobility and comfort.
Why Focus on Chest and Shoulder Stretches?
During our day-to-day activities like sitting, driving, or light exercising, our chest and shoulder muscles often tighten. This tightness can affect posture, joint mobility and overall comfort. Regular stretching can help alleviate this, enhancing posture and reducing discomfort.
This routine is designed for simplicity and accessibility:
- Clear, Gentle Guidance: Easy-to-understand instructions, perfect for beginners or those easing back into exercise.
- Quick and Convenient: The routine is short, fitting easily into busy schedules.
- No Special Equipment Needed: Perform these stretches while seated, anywhere you are.
- Ideal for All Ages: Specially designed to be gentle and effective for those interested in healthy ageing.
Incorporating the Routine
These stretches are adaptable and can be integrated into your daily life:
- During Work: A great way to counteract stiffness from sitting.
- Morning or Evening: Start or end your day with these stretches to maintain flexibility.
- Anytime You Feel Stiff: A quick solution to alleviate discomfort.
Embark on a Healthier Path
This video is a part of our commitment at Functional Medicine Associates to support your healthy ageing journey. I encourage regular use of these stretches to feel the difference in your body and well-being.
Stay tuned for more health tips. As always, your feedback and questions are welcome.
Medical Disclaimer: This content is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read here.
Sign up to receive my 5 steps to a healthier you!
When you sign up to receive these 5 steps, you will also be signed up to our newsletter. You will receive occasional functional medicine news and advice.*